Full Mouth Reconstruction New York, NY
Full mouth reconstruction involves one or several restorative dental procedures to restore and replace the teeth in a person's mouth. Full mouth reconstruction is a specialty service offered at Gauri Savant, DDS.
People with multiple oral health issues such as tooth decay, missing teeth or damaged teeth may benefit from full mouth reconstruction. No matter the cause, people will find it incredibly challenging to live without a full set of functional teeth. Fortunately, we can use full mouth reconstruction to restore both the functionality and appearance of teeth.Instead of only focusing on one aspect of the mouth, we can help address multiple aspects. Along with ensuring that the teeth are customized to fit each patient’s unique needs, we will replace missing teeth to create a uniform smile. This way, they can enjoy the benefits of a functional and sturdy set of teeth that also provide a great, natural appearance. If you want to restore the functionality and appearance of your teeth with full mouth reconstruction, schedule an appointment with us today.
TraumaIn many cases, the patient may have experienced a traumatic accident and be in need of repairing a chipped tooth, while also simultaneously replacing another tooth that fell out. Since accidents can happen at any time, it is difficult to prepare for the possibility of damaging more than one tooth. Through full mouth reconstruction, the dentist will be able to repair the mouth, while also repairing the appearance and functionality of a patient’s teeth. If a patient experiences an accident that results in damage to the teeth, seeking an emergency dentist as soon as possible is a necessity. If a patient goes to a normal emergency room after damaging a tooth, the nurse will only be able to triage the wounds but not treat the condition. At Gauri Savant, DDS we will find the best treatment for each individual and recommend options that help to repair the damage. Patients assume that the only option will be one that merely imitates the appearance of a natural tooth and that the patient will have to practice caution when eating for the rest of his or her life. In reality, we can provide possible treatments such as dental implants, dental bonding, dental crowns, dental veneers, dental bridges and more to help repair the appearance and functionality of the tooth. After a full mouth reconstruction at Gauri Savant, DDS our patients will be able to smile confidently and eat what they like since our repairs are long-lasting and sturdy. There is no need for a patient to live with a cracked or damaged set of teeth.
InfectionIn other cases, a patient may lose multiple teeth to dental caries (tooth decay), gum disease or other infections. Upon infection, the dentist will do everything in his or her power to prevent the spreading. However, some patients may not visit the dentist at least once every six months and allow the infection to spread. If the infection spreads to the tooth, then there is a possibility that an extraction will be necessary. When a patient has an infection, a root canal is one option to treat the tooth. A root canal allows the dentist to remove the infected pulp and clean the area. Following a root canal, we will plug up the hole with a dental filling. In the cases where the tooth is removed due to infection, we may recommend a dental implant. The dental implant is a titanium post that bonds with the jaw bone through osseointegration. We will also place a dental crown on top of the implant to create a sturdy and natural-looking tooth. If the infection has spread to multiple teeth, Gauri Savant, DDS will recommend the best option for treating the infection and repairing one’s teeth.
Check out what others are saying about our full mouth reconstruction and restoration services on Yelp: Full Mouth Reconstruction New York
Long-term wearFor some people, proper dental care is not a common part of daily life. When one chooses to not practice proper dental care, the teeth wear down more quickly as a result. Acid from certain foods, types of citrus, beverages, acid reflux, grinding and more are all causes for a patient to lose his or her teeth more quickly. At Gauri Savant, DDS we can monitor the teeth at least once every six months and help patients remain healthy. For patients who experience these issues on a regular basis and have teeth that are wearing down, we can use full mouth reconstruction to address multiple issues.
Reconstruction methodsAt Gauri Savant, DDS we will ensure that each patient receives the best full mouth reconstruction for his or her needs. We can reconstruct a mouth with a variety of dental tools and options at our disposal. The tools, options and restorations for a full mouth reconstruction include:
- Dental implants
- Dental crowns
- Dental veneers
- Dental bridges
- Root canal
How do I start my Full Mouth Reconstruction?
If you or a loved one are in need of a full mouth reconstruction for any reason, do not hesitate to call Gauri Savant, DDS at 212-221-1481 and schedule an appointment today. Our staff will go over all concerns and questions that you may have before the appointment. Once you arrive for the appointment, we will make sure that you have a complete understanding of the procedure and what happens after. Call and begin a new life with a full set of healthy, natural-appearing and functional teeth.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is the process to expose more of the tooth by removing gum tissue in order to place a crown over the tooth.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Dental Surgery
- Dental surgery involves a large variety of procedures to help treat, remove, correct, add, change or repair teeth.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Full mouth rehabilitation is a customized treatment that strives to optimize health and features of the entire mouth with multiple procedures.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Gum Contouring
- Gum contouring allows patients to change the position of the gum line in a patient’s teeth by raising or lowering the line.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.